Thursday, November 19, 2009

"A child, two guys, can of Quick Start, Bic lighter: How could this not go wrong?"

I'm not really a big fan of posting news items to blogs, but I had to share this:
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Police say two Anchorage men who were baby-sitting a girlfriend's children set a 5-year-old boy's hair on fire with what they called a "redneck flamethrower."

They lit an aerosol spray on fire and aimed it at the boy in an attempt to scare him to toughen him up.

They said it was an accident that the flames reached farther than expected.

The boy's hair was singed and he suffered burns on the side of his face.

The Anchorage Daily News reports the injury occurred Friday but the boy wasn't treated until Monday when the injury was noticed at school.

The men, ages 29 and 32, are facing charges of assault and reckless endangerment. One is the boy's mother's current boyfriend and the other man has another child with the woman.

That's from the KINY News in Juneau. For the full version from the Anchorage Daily News, click here.

How much therapy is this poor kid going to need later on?

No comments:

Post a Comment